Thursday, March 22, 2007

End of Quarter- Yay BaBY!





End of quarter projects- the whimsy of whimsy. The coat I got inspiration from a 1960's wallpaper. Next time I will do a review on this cool cool doll site!

Opening reception exhibitions and galleries WORTH GOING TO:

1. Armory Center for the Arts- 145 N. Raymond Ave. Pasadena (March 24, 7-9 pm)
Beyond Image- Contemporary artists incorporating photography to their art.
Medical/ Arts: A Newtown Presentation- Exploring the relationship between artistic and medical world views. Includes artists and physicians. I find this highly interesting and amusing.

2. Gallery Nucleus- 30 West Main Street Alhambra, CA 91801 (March 24, 7-11 pm)
The Ancient Book of Myth and War- Artists will be there, sweet.

Aites- there you go I am planning on going- dunn0, maybe both, if not I'll check it out on other days. My advice, never go to a museum alone- galleries are fine, just not museums. When I was in Taiwan, I went to Taipei MOCA (equivalent to our Museum of contemporary Art in LA) and boy was I SCARED. They were showing moving arts, digital moving art, meaning I stepped into pitch black rooms. On the walls were moving art, one in particular freaked me out. It was a big moving picture of a lady with red lips. Dood, I ran out there like a chipmunk. Plus, some rooms were so dark, I bumped and tripped on people walking by the wall. This significantly freaky image was projected on the wall, a moving picture of a traditional japanese family. If you sat there, next to the cushions, long enough you would see the different members of the family blink their eyes.

So my advice, don't ever go to a art museum alone! Unless you know its not something freaky. I've seen really dark art when I was young. Nevertheless, find someone to be scared together. Its a bonding moment. Plus you can pray together. Good thing I had Jesus by my side- peace out folks.

1 comment:

sayumi said...

Hi!!

Your designed dresses are very cool!!

I love your design.

Today I was very enjoing .

I wanna hang out with you again.

Thank you very much.