Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Female Species

Surrounded almost 24/ 7 by the female species, going to the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles, I find myself having a deep passion to help women regain their self- worth. In this world where beauty and vanity has become more important than their intrinsic value- I find myself at a lost for words. I am pained to see girls compare themselves to models on the runway, pained to see girls staring at themselves in the mirror for twenty minutes. There is a deep emptiness. I agree that it is easy to give in. But that's why I am speaking out.

Where has the thirst for knowledge gone? What happened to reading actual books and why has it been replaced by reading about Lauren Conrad. Why does Britney Spear's sister getting pregnant and Lindsey Lohan getting a tan matter to us? How come it is so difficult to carry conversations about Bach and writers like C.S. Lewis. We have resulted to a superficial culture that has an underlying emptiness. The world of different cultures, countries, art, music, literature, and anything else seems to be forgotten. We can't expect to survive on reality TV shows when our own lives are messed up.

I say all this because I know underneath that facade, there is a beautiful woman of intellect and intrinsic value. She is a woman that should be unconditionally loved, even if she doesn't have makeup on or a skinny bod, even when she isn't carrying a Gucci, LV, Dior, or a handsome male. I speak out for all women- please know that you are loved. Stop trying. Stop trying to be someone else. You are unique. You are special. You are loved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks. i agree and i like your blog. who knew alien was so deep? :)

The Orchard Christian Church said...

I would like to say something profound, but nothing comes to mind. I guess it might be harder to understand a father's love, (and therefore our Heavenly Father's love), if one's world is entirely filled with other women and no men. (at home, at school, at work, etc.)