Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Making it from scratch





From nothing to finished!

For Creative Draping class, we were told to create a garment with a knot, any kind. So with the "too bright" pink fabric (as my instructor noted), I started draping and cutting away even though I really should have used muslin and drafted a pattern first.

That is, however, besides the point. I had a vision, like Picasso with abstractions in his head. And I dove for it. Even if it meant finding a piece of fabric from my closet that I saved 3 years ago, knowing that one day, yes one day, I would use it for something cool.

It is at the moment I sit back and soak in my artwork- that I can reconfirm this fact.

Yes, Fashion is my passion- as corny as it sounds.

I don't want to live my whole life earning money, no I want to love what I'm doing, so I don't have to "work" a day in my life. And of course, I do it for my Creator. The only one Who can sustain me and give me a little boost of energy when the 10 hours of sewing is wearing off. By the way, sewing is NOT my passion- designing is. So is giving people makeovers.

Alas! and with lots of love!

4 comments:

The Orchard Christian Church said...

Thanks for your post! We posted an invitation to you in response.

Anonymous said...

i like this. the contrast between the black and white pattern and the bright pink is awesome. and i like the knot. i would totally wear it with jeans. love ya! <3

Anonymous said...

like the use of the neon pink fabric!

angie said...

i love that top! it's really cute XP

and i totally know what you mean by loving designing but not sewing. i'm the same way. the only thing that keeps me from making like loads and loads of shirts and bags.. is having to sew all of them x.x

LOLOL :)

gluck on everything!
<3, Angie